Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Eightfold Path


So i am just going to dive into it.
This writing on the four Noble Truths I actually did not like I thought this translation was just there..repeditive..noble but just there. Though in this case I don't think it to be of that much importance if the author did a good job or not on translating the idea into three pages. Looking past that with an idea from past readings I see what is being said, the idea, the humble path of suffering and I can digg it..I do appriciate it.

The reading deals a lot with the belief that "life is suffering" from beginning to the point where one reaches enlightenment. Those who are often blind to the truth is suffering. I think we all reach a time where the truth is blinding, most likely on more than one occasion. Though I do not think this aspect to be suffering, I think it is a form of superficial suffering which essentially is material suffering. when one blocks or lacks the ability to see the truth I think it is a unconscious to conscience defense. Granted some aspects such as religion are a lot harder to cut through the bullshit and know the truth, but with simple life situations I think it is more a defense we use. One could say that this is averting to only seeing the pleasurable.
The dust over one eye is i think a metaphor of dust being the blind. I think what was being said there is that we must wipe our eyes of the dust, that the experience of suffering is a path one must walk and endure to learn from themselves and others. I guess one should not be afraid to suffer its a part of life that naturally happen.
"Yet those whose eyes are only a little covered with dust: they will understand the truth."

I would agree with the middle path of the "perfect one" between two extremes, one being to give oneself us to indulgence in sensual pleasure, or to give oneself up to self-mortification. At times I think its calming to deal with the suffering, by dealing with it, with nurture and flow...things will happen that one must deal with, correct, or involve... I see it as an experience a way to evolve oneself...as it is said in the text. I just think that it can be a lot more bearable then actually being infected with pain and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment