Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ae they the four noble truths?

I am not sure what to think about this chapter or Eastern Philosophy as of yet. So far all I have seen is that is all about removing yourself from the thing that make you happy and give you pleasure. Why would I give up my present life which I am happy and satisfied with in order to pursue a happiness in which there will be much struggle getting to? I can see some of the points this reading is trying to make, but I do not feel connected to them in a way others might. I enjoy using my senses they all work together in a great harmony in order to create pleasure. Why would I have these senses if I as not supposed to use them? It does not make senses to me. I will keep trying to read with an open mind and looking though a different looking glass.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honesty, Wayne. This is a great question that we all should have, or admit that we have.

    It reminds me of the journey of the Buddha as described in Herman Hesse's "Siddhartha." Siddhartha went through a period where he was a successful business man with a beautiful lover and piles of money.

    I don't remember why he gave that up to become the ferry operator at the river. But he did.

    ReplyDelete