Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hurro!

Welcome to the Unity College Eastern Philosophy Blog.  Or as my cat Pancho would say "Hurro."


When Pancho puts his paws together in a little prayer gesture, points them gently at me and says "Hurro" I understand.  I understand that Pancho is greating me as a fellow sentient being.  I understand that Pancho is saying that "The Buddha in me greets the Buddha in you."  If Pancho knew Tibetan, he might say "Namaste" in these circumstances.  I understand that Pancho is trying to connect with me, albeit briefly, without the normal distractions of pretended questions like "how are you?" or "nice day, huh?" 

Don't get me wrong.  Pancho and I have those conversations as well.  But on the rare occasion where we are both working toward unmediated experience at the same time and in the same place.  And when we are both mindful of the amazing fact of our own consciousness in a seemingly otherwise unconscious universe--at those times we say "Hurro."  And we mean it.

So Hurro good reader.  Hurro and welcome to our class blog.

Graphic from edogstar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment