Thursday, January 21, 2010

Difficulties

Chapter Sixty-Three

Practice non-action.
Work without doing.
Taste the tasteless.
Magnify the small, increase the few.
Reward bitterness with care.

See simplicity in the complicated.
Achieve greatness in little things.

In the universe the difficult things are done
as if they are easy.
In the universe great acts are made up of small deeds.
The sage does not attempt anything very big,
And thus achieves greatness.

Easy promises make for little trust.
Taking things lightly results in great difficulty.
Because the sage always confronts difficulties,
He never experiences them.

----------------------------------

I felt i could relate to a few verses in this chapter and I also feel that it is a good guideline for when you are stressing. The first paragraph stood out to me, i feel it was just trying to say slow down, and just focus on one thing at a time. The two lines that really stood out to me were "See simplicity in the complicated." I really liked this line because this is basically how I live my life. I never take anything that seriously and i just lay back and do what needs to be done. The other line that I really liked was "In the universe great acts are made up of small deeds." I really liked this because I feel if everyone tried this, the world would be a better place. I know from experience that a small deed can go a long way,

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment