Thursday, February 4, 2010

Selfish digression

I feel like I am weaving this Maypole with the same damn ribbon every time...a mangled metaphor, but no matter the pattern I am pretty sure I keep returning to one argument. Maybe the argument is something I should abandon in order to really absorb these principles, but I can't help but feel that the contentment I derive from the way I conduct my life (in a very general sense) does not align with the revered emptiness of the readings. In short, I am always grateful to feel that hollow peace of selflessness- it does absorb me quite frequently, especially in solitude or when walking long distances. But I am also very fond of the immediate heat and color I draw from inhabiting my self without striving to alter that. I am very appreciative of the quiet hovering peace of the Eastern thought we are contemplating, but it is not a state that I choose to seek. When it happens upon me, I am glad to find it again. And when it is gone, I am glad to embrace the mess and noise and struggle of the self. For me, there is comfort in the healing process. And if nothing is harmed, there is nothing to heal, and therefore nothing to seek. The Way can be blatant and brash, as long as you take it for what it is, and have your eyes Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment