Sunday, February 28, 2010

Don't forget to say hello to the cloud...

...yea that's right. The cloud. The cloud is in that bottle of water you drank today, it is also in the icecream that I ate yesterday.. the cloud is even in that glass of tea you had a few days ago.


"One cause can never be enough in order to bring about an effect"
The reason why I had icecream yesterday wasn't just because I wanted to have it. The reasons behind why I actually got it are infinite. For example, first my parents had to create me; I needed to develop a liking of icecream; I needed a car to drive to get the icecream; a store needed to exist in order for me to get the icecream; a cow needed to be involved for me to get the icecream. I can go on and on...


To reach Nirvana we need to understand and realize that what we are looking for has been within us this whole time.
When I read this part of the chapter I immediately thought of the Wizard of Oz. When the whole gang is standing there waiting to ask the wizard to grant them their wishes, the little green man behind the curtain is revealed. They then realize that there is no wizard that can help them. What they needed had been inside of them all along.
Once we recognize this, we will be free.


As the reading states, "We are Nirvana".

No comments:

Post a Comment